Fix It Day Part II

IMG 0292

In part two of Fix It Day, I finally got the FlashForge working again with assistance from eldest son. The thermocouple monitors the heat of the right extruder went bad, and the one n the left side seemed to be intermittent. I’ve had two new ones sitting on the shelf for two or three weeks now and we finally got it back together.

And, of course, we managed to reverse the polarity of the thermocouple wiring so it indicated temperatures were going down instead of up, so we had to re-wire that. Then we reversed them so left was right, etc. Had to re-wire that…

Handy hint! Label stuff! Would have saved us a good half hour of time if we’d bothered to label everything as we took it off when we disassembled it.

I really need to replace the kaptan tape on the plate, too, but I’ve been putting that off because it’s a royal pain in the neck. Everyone tells me it’s no big deal but I’ve tried everything, looked at videos, etc. Nothing works. Always end up getting air bubbles all over the thing.

Anyway, seems to be working, so I’m happy. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s